The foundation “Stichting Transnational Institute” was registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce on 21 March 1974.
The objectives of the foundation are to strive for a world of peace, equity and democracy on a sustainable planet brought about and supported by an informed and engaged citizenry, as well as all that is directly or indirectly connected therewith or may be conducive thereto, all to be interpreted in the broadest sense, if in the general interest. The foundation seeks to realise its objectives, inter alia, by
- strengthening the capacity of progressive international social movements to advocate for change
- acting as a unique nexus between social movements, engaged scholars and policy makers
- producing rigorous research and analysis
- organising international conferences; and
- collaborating with other organisations worldwide